Corine & Ronnie | Engagement Session at Jockeys Ridge NC
Here are some cool facts I didn’t know about Jockeys Ridge State Park:
- Jockeys Ridge is the tallest sand dune system in the Eastern United States. It stands at a height of 80 to 100 feet, and it covers an area of 426 acres.
- The sand dunes at Jockeys Ridge are constantly shifting and changing due to the wind. In fact, the dunes can move up to six feet per year.
- Jockeys Ridge is home to over 400 different species of plants and animals, including the threatened piping plover bird and the eastern diamondback rattlesnake.
- Jockeys Ridge is a popular filming location, having been featured in numerous movies and TV shows over the years. Some notable productions include “Nights in Rodanthe,” “The Outer Banks,” and “Dawson’s Creek.”
The only facts that I knew about Jockeys Ridge State Park was:
- Its a bitch to climb the dunes
- However, once you reach the top the views are INCREDIBLE!!
- The wind can be your friend during sessions
- Your legs are on FIRE afterwards
Needless to say, all I knew is that for Corine and Ronnie’s engagement was going to be gorgeous with this being one of my favorite locations to have an engagement session! One of the best parts from their session was them bring their ADORABLE pups with them. I am a true sucker for dogs and these two….it took everything in me to not snatch them up and take them home with me. Corine and Ronnie were so awesome when it came to the winds being super playful that day. Once Corrine embraced the wind in her hair…thats when the magic happen. You could see all the stress leave her body and then focus on the moments they were creating. All the while I was clicking thousands of pictures as these two just melted into one another.